Getting your learner licence
Everthing you need to know about how to get your learner licence
Getting your learner licence
- Your Licensing Authority is Queensland Transport
- The Minimum Age is 16 years
Prerequisites are you
- Must be a Queensland resident
- Must complete a Driver Licence Application/Renewal form
- Road Rules Test – $23.10
- Licence fee (3 years) – $160.55
What test(s) do you have to take?
- Road Rules Test
- An eyesight test
What’s on the test?
- Part A 20 general road rules questions
- Part B 10 ‘right of way’ questions
What score do you need to pass?
- Part A at least 18 correct answers
- Part B at least 9 correct answers
What study materials do I need?
Where do I take the test?
- You don’t need to book ahead, just visit a Queensland Transport customer service centre, or a police station or QGAP office if you live in a rural area.
What do I bring to the test?
- Evidence of identity and residence
- Means to pay for the test and licence fee
I’ve completed the requirements, now how do I get my learner licence?
- Your learner licence will be issued to you on the spot when you successfully complete the required tests and pay the licence fee
What does having a learner licence mean?
- You are now permitted to drive a car under supervision. Your supervisor must be someone with a full Australian driver’s licence
- You must adhere to the special rules for learner drivers
- Special rules for learner drivers
- Must clearly display L plates on front and rear of the vehicle’s exterior
- Must be supervised at all times by a person with a full Australian driver’s licence
- Drivers under 25 must not exceed a blood alcohol level of 0.00%
- Drivers 25 and over must not exceed a blood alcohol level of 0.05%
- Cannot use a mobile phone (including hands-free devices)
- Must carry learner licence when driving
If you are under 25, the next step is to get your P1 licence. To get your P1 licence, you must:
- Have held your learner licence for a minimum of 12 months
- Have completed 100 hours of supervised driving practice (including 10 hours at night), which must be recorded in the Learner Driver Logbook.
- Before you can apply for your P1 licence, your Logbook must be assessed and passed by the Department of Transport and Main Roads
If you are over 25, you can apply directly for the P2 licence after 12 months on your learner licence.
Quick Contact Form
Love 2 Learn Driving School Reviews
- A Driving Instructor In Mt. Gravatt With An Exceptional Pass Rate
- About the Instructor
- About Us
- Blog Articles
- Call Love2Learn Driving School For Driving Lessons In Springwood
- Cancellation Policy
- Choose Love2Learn Driving School For Driving Lessons In Rochedale
- Choose Love2Learn Driving School For Driving Lessons In Wynnum
- Contact Us
- Driving Instructor & Lessons in Logan
- Driving Instructor – Mansfield
- Driving Instructor – Salisbury
- Driving Lessons & Instructor in Springwood
- Driving Lessons – Mt. Gravatt
- Driving Lessons – Salisbury, Mansfield, Sunnybank, Runcorn & Calamvale
- Driving Lessons – South Brisbane
- Experience the Freedom of the Road with Auto Driving Lessons in Cleveland
- Experience the Freedom of the Road with Manual Driving Lessons in Runcorn
- Family Business
- Find a Driving Instructor in Runcorn to Get You On the Road
- Finding a Quality Driving Instructor in Eight Mile Plains
- First Time Drivers – Take Driving Lessons In Eight Mile Plains At Love2Learn Driving School
- Free Lesson
- Get Your Driving Lessons in Greenslopes Now
- Get Your Manual Driving Lessons in Wishart Now
- Getting your learner licence
- Gift Certificates
- Gold Level Accreditation
- Instructor Qualifications
- Learn From An Accredited Driving Instructor In Logan
- Learners Permit Theory Test
- Logbook Hours
- Methods of Payment
- Overcome Your Fears With Driving Lessons In Mt. Gravatt At Love2Learn Driving School
- Pass The Test The First Time With Driving Lessons In Shailer Park At Love2Learn Driving School
- Safe Driving Lessons In Rochedale South From Love2Learn Driving School
- Saturday Driving Tests
- Take Lessons From A Gold Status Keys2Drive Driving Instructor In Springwood
- Things for the Test and Safe Driving
- Value for Money
- Where to Find Driving Lessons in Morningside
- Where to Find Manual Driving Lessons in Daisy Hill
- Where To Take Driving Lessons In Logan
- Why Choose Us?